Thank you for using the Randori website at www.randori.com (the “Site”) and using Randori Inc.’s (“Company” or “we” or “our” or “us”) corresponding service that provides information and analysis with respect to internet and data security (such service collectively with the Site, the “Service”). These Terms of Service (“Agreement”) governs your browsing, viewing and other use of the Service.
Please read this Agreement carefully, as it (among other things) provides in Section 14 that you and the Company will arbitrate certain claims instead of going to court and that you will not bring class action claims against the Company. Please only create a Service account or otherwise use the Service if you agree to be legally bound by all terms and conditions herein. IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY (“YOUR COMPANY”), YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND YOUR COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES TO THIS AGREEMENT. Your acceptance of this Agreement creates a legally binding contract between you (or Your Company) and the Company. If you do not agree with any aspect of this Agreement, then do not create a Service account or otherwise use the Service.
If you purchase other services from Company, your purchase and ongoing use of those purchased services will be governed by a separate written master subscription services agreement between Company and yourself and/or Your Company and not this Agreement.
If you are viewing this on your mobile device, you can also view this Agreement via a web browser on your computer at www.randori.com/terms-of-service/.
Note for Children. Use of the Service by anyone under the age of 18 is prohibited. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that are you at least 18 years of age.
- How it Works. The Service allows you to input certain information with respect to Your Company (“Your Input”) and the Service will then provide you certain information and analyses regarding potential related security vulnerabilities and issues (“Service Output”). The information provided to you and used by the Service may include certain Public Information (as defined below).
- Your Input; Service Output.
- On behalf of yourself and the Company Entity, you authorize us to prepare and provide you the Service Output based on Your Input and Public Information (as described below). You hereby grant Company a non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, display, perform and transmit Your Input in connection with: (i) your use of the Services and for otherwise performing Company’s obligations hereunder; (ii) improving the Service and our products and services, including for developing, training, improving and testing our technology, algorithms and techniques; and (ii) as may be required by law or legal process. The foregoing does not authorize Company to, and Company will not, share or transmit Your Input in any form or format to any third party without your prior written consent, except that Company may disclose Your Input as required by law or legal process and Company may provide Your Input to its third party service providers that assist it in providing the Services pursuant to confidentiality agreements. Company will use commercially reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized access to Your Input, however, you acknowledge that: (i) no security measures are 100% effective and (ii) the Service uses the Internet for data transfer, and Internet communications have inherent insecurities.
- In connection with Your Input, you further agree that you will not: (i) use material that is subject to third party intellectual property or proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to provide the material to Company and to grant the Company all of the license rights granted herein; or (ii) use material that is unlawful or violate any law or agreement to which you or Your Company is party. You shall: (a) have sole responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and legality of Your Input; and (b) use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to, or use of, the Service.
- The Service Output may be prepared using Public Information. “Public Information” is defined as publicly available information without restriction, data or information licensed by Company, or other information that has been obtained by Company and which Company is authorized to retain and use in its analytic processes and products. Company makes no guarantee regarding the fitness of Public Information for these tasks, nor can it guarantee that sufficient information or information of adequate quality will be available for all tasks. Company does not assume responsibility to independently verify the accuracy or completeness of the Public Information. Company will not be obligated to procure additional information from any other sources.
- Representations and Warranties. You represent, warrant and covenant that, in connection with this Agreement or the Service, you will not and will not attempt to: (i) violate any laws or third party rights or our policies; (ii) re-join or attempt to use the Service if the Company has banned or suspended you; (iv) defraud the Company or another user; or (vi) use another user’s account or allow another person to use your user account. Any illegal activities undertaken in connection with the Service may be referred to the authorities.
- Service Output. We hereby grant you a non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, display, perform and transmit the Service Output intentionally made available to you through the Service in connection with your lawful internal business activities. Company shall have no liability in relation to Service Output to the extent such Service Output is based upon or derived from the Your Input, Public Information and/or third-party data. You agree that you shall not remove any proprietary markings or Company trademarks (or other similar designations of origin) on the Service Output or otherwise obscure or alter the Service Output, and shall only use the Service Output in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Ownership; Proprietary Rights. As between you and the Company, the Company owns all worldwide right, title and interest, including all intellectual property and other proprietary rights, in and to the Service and all usage and other data generated or collected in connection with the use thereof (the “Company Materials”). Except for as expressly set forth herein, you agree not to license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make any unauthorized use of the Company Materials. You agree not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, algorithm or programs underlying the Company Materials. The Company reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service or any version(s) thereof at any time in its sole discretion, with or without notice. As between you and the Company, subject to the license granted above, you own all worldwide right, title and interest, including all intellectual property and other proprietary rights, in and to Your Input.
- Third Party Sites. The Service may include advertisements or other links that allow you to access web sites or other online services that are owned and operated by third parties. You acknowledge and agree that the Company is not responsible and shall have no liability for the content of such third party sites and services, products or services made available through them, or your use of or interaction with them.
By signing up for any paid Service account and providing your payment information, you agree to pay us (and authorize our Payment Processor to charge you) the recurring and/or nonrecurring fees as displayed to you at the time you create your account and as may be modified from time to time as described in this Agreement, as well as any other fees you expressly choose to incur in connection with your use of the Service. Unless otherwise specified upon enrollment, for subscription products or services, your payment method will be authorized for up to a month for the applicable Service account type and on a monthly basis thereafter until you cancel the subscription. You acknowledge and agree that the payment method provided by you will be automatically charged the fees you incur in connection with your use of the Service, and represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights relating to such payment instrument to authorize Company to make such charges. Your use of the Service may be suspended if we are unable to charge such payment instrument for any reason or if your account is otherwise past due. The fees applicable to your account may be subject to modification from time to time pursuant to notice (which may be given via e-mail) provided by us at least thirty (30) days in advance of the payment date for which the modification would be effective. You may at any time cancel your account as set forth below if you do not agree to any modified fees. All fees must be paid in U.S. dollars (or such other currency(ies) which may be accepted by Company from time to time, as indicated at the time of payment) and are non-refundable.
- YOU MAY CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION AT ANY TIME BY CONTACTING US AT email@example.com OR BY DOWNGRADING YOUR ACCOUNT IN THE SETTINGS SECTION ON THE WEBSITE. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION, YOU MAY STILL USE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION UNTIL THE END OF YOUR THEN-CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION MONTH. TO NOT BE CHARGED FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION FOR THE FOLLOWING SUBSCRIPTION MONTH, YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION AT LEAST THIRTY (30) DAYS PRIOR TO THAT MONTH, OR YOU WILL OTHERWISE BE CHARGED FOR THAT MONTH’S SUBSCRIPTION. ALL CANCELLATION REQUESTS RECEIVED LESS THAN THIRTY (30) DAYS BEFORE THE FOLLOWING SUBSCRIPTION MONTH WILL APPLY TO THE FOLLOWING CYCLE.Prohibited Uses. As a condition of your use of the Service, you will not use the Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement. You may not use the Service in any manner that in our sole discretion could damage, disable, overburden, impair or interfere with any other party’s use of it. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Service. You agree not to scrape or otherwise use automated means to access or gather information from the Service, and agree not to bypass any robot exclusion measures we may put into place. In addition, you agree not to use false or misleading information in connection with your user account, and acknowledge that we reserve the right to disable any user account with a profile which we believe (in our sole discretion) is false or misleading (including a profile that impersonates a third party).
- Additional Terms. When you use certain features or materials on the Service, or participate in a particular promotion, event or contest through the Service, such use or participation may be subject to additional terms and conditions posted on the Service. Such additional terms and conditions are hereby incorporated within this Agreement, and you agree to comply with such additional terms and conditions with respect to such use or participation.
- Termination. You may terminate this Agreement at any time, for any reason or for no reason, by deleting your Service account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You agree that the Company, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate this Agreement, your account or your use of the Service, at any time and without notice. The Company may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that the Company shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any such termination. Sections 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 will survive any termination of this Agreement.
- Disclaimers; No Warranties. THE SERVICE, SERVICE OUTPUT, PUBLIC INFORMATION AND ANY MEDIA, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OR THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPANY AND ITS LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS AND PARTNERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. THE COMPANY AND ITS LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS AND PARTNERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE AVAILABLE THE FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY THEREOF ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and its affiliated companies, and each of their officers, directors and employees, harmless from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, (any of the foregoing, a “Claim”) arising out of or relating to your use or misuse of the Service, Service Output, Your Input, breach of this Agreement or infringement, misappropriation or violation of the intellectual property or other rights of any other person or entity, provided that the foregoing does not obligate you to the extent the Claim arises out of the Company’s willful misconduct or gross negligence. The Company reserves the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims.
- Limitation of Liability and Damages. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL THE COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTNERS, LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT ARISE OUT OF OR RELATE TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING YOUR USE THEREOF, OR ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH THE COMPANY, EVEN IF THE COMPANY OR A COMPANY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, IN WHICH CASE THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTNERS, LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE EXCEED ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS.
- Agreement to Arbitrate. This Section 14 is referred to herein as the “Arbitration Agreement.” The parties that any and all controversies, claims, or disputes between you and Company arising out of, relating to, or resulting from this Agreement, shall be subject to binding arbitration pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Arbitration Agreement, and not any court action (other than a small claims court action to the extent the claim qualifies). The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement.
- Class Action Waiver. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT EACH PARTY MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH PARTIES AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S).
- Procedures. Arbitration will be conducted by a neutral arbitrator in accordance with the American Arbitration Association’s (“AAA”) rules and procedures (the “AAA Rules”), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. If there is any inconsistency between the AAA Rules and this Arbitration Agreement, the terms of this Arbitration Agreement will control unless the arbitrator determines that the application of the inconsistent Arbitration Agreement terms would not result in a fundamentally fair arbitration. The arbitrator must also follow the provisions of this Agreement as a court would, including without limitation, the limitation of liability provisions in Section 13. You may visit http://www.adr.org for information on the AAA and http://www.adr.org/fileacase for information on how to file a claim against the Company.
- Venue. The arbitration shall be held in the county in which you reside or at another mutually agreed location. If the value of the relief sought is $10,000 or less, you or Company may elect to have the arbitration conducted by telephone or based solely on written submissions, which election shall be binding on each party, but subject to the arbitrator’s discretion to require an in-person hearing if the circumstances warrant. Attendance at any in-person hearing may be made by telephone by either or both parties unless the arbitrator requires otherwise.
- Governing Law. The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to its conflicts of laws rules, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving different Service users, but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving you to the extent required by applicable law.
- Costs of Arbitration. Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees (collectively, the “Arbitration Fees”) will be governed by the AAA’s Rules. Each party will be responsible for all other fees it incurs in connection with the arbitration, including without limitation, all attorney fees.
- Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
- Severability. If a court decides that any term or provision of this Arbitration Agreement other than Section 14.2 is invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Arbitration Agreement shall be enforceable as so modified. If a court decides that any of the provisions of Section 14.2 is invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void. The remainder of this Agreement will continue to apply.
- Miscellaneous. The Company may make modifications, deletions and/or additions to this Agreement (“Changes”) at any time. Changes will be effective: (i) thirty (30) days after the Company provides notice of the Changes, whether such notice is provided through the Service user interface, is sent to the e-mail address associated with your account or otherwise; or (ii) when you opt-in or otherwise expressly agree to the Changes or a version of this Agreement incorporating the Changes, whichever comes first. Under this Agreement, you consent to receive communications from the Company electronically. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the Service that is not subject to arbitration under Section 14 shall be filed only in the state or federal courts in Massachusetts (or a small claims court of competent jurisdiction) and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. The failure of any party at any time to require performance of any provision of this Agreement shall in no manner affect such party’s right at a later time to enforce the same. A waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same or other provisions of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by the Company without restriction. This is the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter herein and shall not be modified except in a writing, signed by both parties, or by a change to this Agreement made by the Company as set forth herein.
More Information; Complaints. The Services are offered by Randori Inc., email@example.com, telephone: 617.501.2621.