This is part one of our new SANS ASM Virtual Conference blog series. In each post, we’ll offer attendees an inside glimpse into an upcoming talk and the speakers presenting at this first-of-it’s kind event.
2020 was no fun… for anyone! But especially for security professionals, who saw their risks balloon and their budgets struggle to keep up. We at Randori, along with our friends at SANS, have decided to team up and assemble a line-up of world-class experts to help make 2021 a little easier than 2020. The SANS Attack Surface Management Virtual Conference will feature experts from the federal, commercial, and legal worlds chatting about security’s newest tectonic shifts and the proactive steps security teams can take today. In this series, we catch up with a few of the speakers to give you a preview of what to expect at next month’s event (Don’t Forget to Register!)
In our first post, we caught up with former Deputy NSA/CSS Chief Rear Admiral Dan MacDonnell and Randori Co-Founder & CTO David Wolpoff to learn more about how they plan to take attendees behind the scenes of today’s cyber landscape and read the tea leaves about what current geopolitical conditions suggest about the future of security.
Organizations today are on the front lines of an ongoing and growing geopolitical cyberwar. We need look no further than Solarwinds for proof. Experience a rare opportunity to hear these two experts give a run-down of the forever-changed cyber landscape and leave with a firm understanding of the macro-forces driving today’s cyberwar, why defending forward is essential, and what the solutions of tomorrow must look like. Attendees will learn about adopting proactive strategies that leverage the attacker’s perspective to anticipate threats and test resiliency.
5 Questions We We’ll Asking Each Speaker:
- Describe your session in one sentence.
- Dan: No plan survives the first bullet of the war, so resiliency is key.
- What are you most excited about?
- Dan: Questions, I love interacting with the audience.
- What’s something interesting you saw in security news this week?
- Moose: The new about Ubiquiti, if the allegations here are true, I’d certainly see them as troubling.
- What’s your one biggest piece of advice about managing an attack surface?
- Dan: You have to defend forward – get outside the perimeter and start proactively testing your defenses.
- What’s one thing people wouldn’t necessarily know about you based on your bio?
- Moose: I’m actually a nice guy.
The SANS Attack Surface Management Virtual Conference Kicks-Off at 10:30am ET on April 14th. Check out the rest of the line-up and register with SANS today.