You can't manage risk without the attacker's perspective.
Attack surfaces are growing faster than security teams can keep up - to stay ahead, you need to know where attackers are most likely to strike. With cloud migration and the work-from-home boom dramatically increasing the number of targets, being able to prioritize from the attacker’s perspective has never been more urgent. Download our new infographic to discovery why attack surface management is a critical capability every security program needs.
- 1 in 3 breaches starts with Shadow IT
- 61% of organizations say expanding attack surfaces are to blame
- 2 of 3 security teams say understanding their attack surfaces is getting harder
How You Can Regain Control:
- Start from attacker’s perspective: Start outside in, attacker’s don’t know everything. Use an ASM tool, like Randori, to get an external perspective of your business using the same techniques used by advanced threat actors to get the most authentic view of what’s exposed.
Identify what matters: Know your crown jewels and write them down. Identify the assets most important to your business and focus on hardening those few an attacker can discover.
- Prioritize like an attacker: Prioritize the assets that can actually be attacked, your exposed software. Keeping a full inventory of non-responsive IPs, unused networks and parked hostnames simply creates noise.
Monitor continuously: Your attack surface is always changing. New vulnerabilities, configuration changes, and new infrastructure are all important - continuous monitoring ensures your team is always working on the risks that matter most